Well, Di-Nanner tagged me with the chicken recipe, so I guess I'll stop trying to run and hide and just figure out how to post on the blog, finally!
You know those cute moms you see playing outside with their kids until just before dinner time, when you see them casually make their way inside? I always thought, "I wonder how they do it, play and still have a nice dinner?" I watch them from my kitchen window, where I am desperately trying to get dinner going with 25 pounds of loud love tugging on my leg and climbing up my torso....until, with my hair caught in a small fist, I decide that Mac & Cheese actually sounds GREAT! Well....those fun moms?! I finally figured out their secret! Crockpot! They do their work early and then get to have fun....clear up til dinner time!
So that's why this is one of my favorite recipes....and it's delicious!
Italian Crockpot Chicken
4 to 5 chicken breasts (I actually only use 2 with this same recipe)
1/8 cup butter, melted
1 pkg. Italian dressing mix (I use the Western Family that go on sale for 4/$1)
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 10oz. can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom (You can add 2 cans if you need a little extra sauce or have company over)
Take cream cheese out of fridge to soften. Put chicken in crockpot. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with italian seasoning. Cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Take chicken out and cut into cubes or strips. Mix creamed soup and cream cheese together, then add it to the buttery broth in the crockpot. Mix well, then add the chicken back in and let it cook for another 1/2 hour to warm up. Serve with favorite pasta, rice or potatoes.
Try cooking chicken with italian salad dressing mix (dry) as a seasoning for any meal.....it is SOOOO good! Hope you love this recipe and that maybe one day this week you can play until dinnertime!

4 comments:
Oops! Was I supposed to put my name on it--That was Cami talking! Love you gals!
Cami!!!! I'm so happy to see you on here and I am SOOO excited for this recipe! I live for new crockpot meals! We need to catch up. I'm in town for 10 days...are you around to play and meet little Sophie?---that goes for everyone else too!
Are you in town right now, Emily?! When will you be? I have to miss the party today and we're leaving town to go camping for a few days, but we'll be back. I'll give you a call!
Cami I'm going to the store tonight to buy the ingredients for this recipe! I'll cook it during conference and serve it to my mom (she's in town) and sister! Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment