Thanks for the tag for a chicken recipe Di. I have been wracking my brain to choose just one, I even asked Mom! She said I should post Melanie's Pesto Chicken recipe so I am, in honor of her birthday. Maybe I'll post another one, if I can narrow my favorites down!
Thanks Mel!
(This has a 3 hour cook time, turn oven off after second hour, but leave in for the third hour.)
10 FROZEN boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 large (I think she means a family size) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream (not the light or fat free)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 package alfredo sauce mix
2 tablespoons pesto
1/2 cup flour
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Creamy Pesto Chicken (Beth)
Mix all together and then layer around the frozen breasts in a deep roaster/casserole pan.
(Something bigger than a 9x13 pan so it won't boil over.)
Mel says, "Yes, it's really thick and lumpy bit it thins way out with all the chicken juices!"
Cover with foil. Cook 2 hours at 375. TURN OVEN OFF, let it sit in oven for the next hour.
Mel says, "This is perfect for Sunday dinner if you can program your oven to cook 2 hours and then automatically turn off. Let it sit the final hour of church block and it's done right when you get home." She was telling me that when she makes this it's usually as the family is running out the door to church and honking for her to come! I can totally visualize her doing that!
Serve with pasta and veggies.
FYI: sauce thickens as it cools
Just to let you know, my mom has accomplished making this recipe gluten-free if any of you would like that give her a call!
Mel-Thanks for the great Sunday dinner idea! We all love this recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So I made this last night for Logan and his brother who is in town and they LOVED it! It was a huge hit! Thanks!
Post a Comment