Still looking for another side dish for your Thanksgiving? I've never really gotten into cranberries on my turkey, so every year I look for a new way to use cranberries in a creative way, but this way is so yummy I think it may become part of our yearly Thanksgiving repertoire. I had three plates full of it for dinner tonight!
Fresh Cranberry Salsa Salad
any kind of salad greens you want
fresh cranberry salsa (see recipe below)
crushed toasted pecans and tortilla chips
honey vinaigrette dressing (see recipe below)
Fresh Cranberry Salsa
chop in a food processor or by hand if you have a lot of energy:
a bag of fresh cranberries
1/4 of an onion (any flavor)
6 sprigs of fresh cilantro or parsley
After everything is chopped mix in 1/2 a cup or more of honey or agave. Or white sugar if you don’t care about that sort of thing.
Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup honey
Shake or mix in a blender. You can use regular apple cider vinegar instead of raw but it won’t taste as fabulous. You can buy Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar at a health food store like Good Earth.
I'll sure miss you all on Thanksgiving this year...almost as much as I'll miss all your yummy pies!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Fresh Cranberry Salsa Salad
Posted by Amanda at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment